The construction management software landscape is changing. Today, contractors need features like collaborative project management and real-time data capture in the field in order to stay competitive. Companies like Dexter + Chaney, and products like Sage Construction Software for Sage 300 (formerly Timberline) are answering the call with new products designed to work they way construction businesses operate.
CTS Construction Blog
Today I had a conversation with a $40M specialty trade contractor that, instead of using construction accounting software, had been using QuickBooks for several years.
(Watch the video or scroll down to keep reading.)
GPS on the Job Site: 5 Reasons to Add Vehicle Tracking to Your Construction Management Software System
Equipment management applications are available with many construction management software systems and are commonly used for tracking details like maintenance, repairs, depreciation and utilization. But there’s another equipment management tool that’s worth considering: GPS tracking.
Trends in construction software change every year. But the need to streamline business operations to more efficiently manage projects has never been greater than it is today. The stakes are high, especially because of the recovering U.S. economy. Every industry trade is looking to technology to provide ways to lower costs and increase quality.
Over the last several years, acquisitions have changed the construction management software landscape and the way that vendors serve their clients.
An extreme example of this is technology giant, Trimble, which has gobbled up leading technology firms in a number of markets, including construction. For example, in 2006, Trimble acquired Meridian Systems, developer of the Prolog project management software suite. Since then, Trimble has merged other solutions into its construction toolset.
Sheldon Needle President of CTSGuides.com
CTSGUIDES.COM, offering reviews, ratings, tools, and expert advice to help companies select software. Sheldon is a former CFO, consultant and software designer who has published more than 20 guides on software selection.
Free Construction Software Selection Kit
Free 15-minute call to discuss options with software expert Sheldon Needle
Talk to the Expert
What’s in the Free Kit?
- Detailed construction software reviews, including strengths and weaknesses
- Side-by-Side comparisons of product pricing, support costs, training options, more
- Side-by-side performance ratings for over 1,000 features
- Free construction software selection tools valued at over $299
The Smart Shortlist Consult™
Free consult with software expert Sheldon Needle to discuss your options
- New Breed of Construction Management Software Takes ‘Construction Anywhere’
- Can Contractor Software be Built with QuickBooks and a Third-Party Solution?
- GPS on the Job Site: 5 Reasons to Add Vehicle Tracking to Your Construction Management Software System
- 3 Software Trends that Will Improve Construction Management
- Construction Management Software Vendors Acquire a Taste for Mergers