Too often, ERP or construction management software is selected based on politics rather than due diligence. Political considerations, such as throwing business to a friend or business associate; making a construction choice solely based on the recommendation of a consultant; or choosing an ERP system simply because you’re already familiar with the product, should never be the driving force behind your software decision. Watch this video to see why.
CTS Construction Blog
At some point, many construction software implementations hit some sort of snag that leaves the contractor with “buyers’s regret.” But that doesn’t mean you need to have a crisis of confidence with your contractor software project.
The construction management software landscape is changing. Today, contractors need features like collaborative project management and real-time data capture in the field in order to stay competitive. Companies like Dexter + Chaney, and products like Sage Construction Software for Sage 300 (formerly Timberline) are answering the call with new products designed to work they way construction businesses operate.
Today I had a conversation with a $40M specialty trade contractor that, instead of using construction accounting software, had been using QuickBooks for several years.
(Watch the video or scroll down to keep reading.)
GPS on the Job Site: 5 Reasons to Add Vehicle Tracking to Your Construction Management Software System
Equipment management applications are available with many construction management software systems and are commonly used for tracking details like maintenance, repairs, depreciation and utilization. But there’s another equipment management tool that’s worth considering: GPS tracking.
Sheldon Needle President of CTSGuides.com
CTSGUIDES.COM, offering reviews, ratings, tools, and expert advice to help companies select software. Sheldon is a former CFO, consultant and software designer who has published more than 20 guides on software selection.
Free Construction Software Selection Kit
Free 15-minute call to discuss options with software expert Sheldon Needle
Talk to the Expert
What’s in the Free Kit?
- Detailed construction software reviews, including strengths and weaknesses
- Side-by-Side comparisons of product pricing, support costs, training options, more
- Side-by-side performance ratings for over 1,000 features
- Free construction software selection tools valued at over $299
The Smart Shortlist Consult™
Free consult with software expert Sheldon Needle to discuss your options
- Are Politics Driving Your ERP or Construction Software Decision?
- Tips for Surviving a Construction Software Implementation Crisis
- New Breed of Construction Management Software Takes ‘Construction Anywhere’
- Can Contractor Software be Built with QuickBooks and a Third-Party Solution?
- GPS on the Job Site: 5 Reasons to Add Vehicle Tracking to Your Construction Management Software System