Customer relationship management (CRM) software in the manufacturing environment plays a vital role in automating the sales, marketing and service aspects of the business. With CRM software, customer details are tracked from the prospect phase through the entire relationship history. This builds a valuable database of information that can be used in a variety of ways to increase sales and solidify relationships with customers.
CRM software analytics can be used to optimize marketing campaigns, analyze customer behavior to enhance decision making, forecast future sales and profitability and continually improve customer service.
Here are some commonly needed CRM features to consider:
- Manage prospects, leads, customers, contacts. Complete integration of e-mail correspondence whether generated from CRM or from e-mail software.
- Support the upload from event software and utilization of contacts identified at a trade show.
- Track trade show costs, resulting contacts, proposals, business won, profitability, etc.
- Support for marketing campaigns by searching contact and company database in CRM to identify recipients.
- Access through drill down capability to the remainder of the ERP solution as appropriate. Example: answering customer questions about invoicing by accessing that function from CRM.
- Advanced functionality for call center support.
- Many software now process RMA transactions in CRM.
For comparisons of different manufacturing software products, download the free Manufacturing Software Selection Kit.
Free 15-minute call to discuss options with software expert Sheldon Needle
Insider secrets for comparing your top software picks
Talk to the Expert
What's in the Free Kit?
- Detailed reviews of manufacturing software packages including strengths, weaknesses and operating issues you’ll want to know about
- Comparisons of product pricing, support costs, training options and more
- Free manufacturing software selection tools valued at over $299
The Smart Shortlist ™
Free conversation with software expert Sheldon Needle to discuss your options