There are so many EMR / EHR products on the medical software market, and many of them are quite good, although still evolving. EMR is evolving because the laws are evolving and the technology is changing. But one problem remains constant, and that is the possibility for major human error in installation and in running an EMR system. One very vulnerable area is prescription drug management, where patient history, prescription drug history, and prescription drug interactions must be scrupulously maintained. When comparing EMR software, pay close attention to the Prescription Drug Tracking module and how it interfaces with clinical records and patient history. Make sure, when you are ready to install an EMR, thta the people managing these modules understand how they interface with the rest of the clinical records and the medical practice management system.
CTS Medical Blog
Free Medical Software Selection Kit
- Detailed medical software reviews, including strengths and weaknesses
- Side-by-side rating comparisons for over 800 features to compare program performance
- Side-by-Side comparisons of product pricing, support costs, training options, more
- Free medical software selection tools valued at over $299
- Recommendations from CTS to instantly create your shortlist