Electronic Medical Records (EMR ) for Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) has its own language and set of imaging and documentation . Customized OB/GYN specific EMR / EHR software will, in the long run, save your practice time and money because it comes ready with interfaces systems and instruments you needs, such as Ultrasound equipment, OB/GYN specific patient education information, and OB/GYN specific decision support.
Some of the features to look for in EMR for a an OB GYN practice include:
- Ultrasound and other instrument system integration
- E&M Coding Assistance for OB/GYN
- ePrescription Writing
- Lab Interface to labs you use (Quest, LabCorp, Unilab, etc.)
- Medical Billing Software specific to the codes and procedures of an OB-GYN practice
- Image Management tailored to songrams, etc.
- ACOG Antepartum Record Templates
- Hospital Access to Antepartum Record
- Obstetric Visit Templates
- Gynecology Visit Templates
- Incontinence Templates
- Infertility Templates
- Sexual Dysfunction Templates
- Pregnancy Test Templates
- Custom Ob/Gyn SOAP Note Templates
- Patient Portal for Ob-GYN patients
- OB/GYN specialty referral letter templates
The more customized your EMR software is to the needs of an OB GYN practice, the less customization your medical software will need, and the less training, and re-training your staff will require once your EMR software is in place. It will also ease the migration issues between your current hard copy or stand-alone computer system and an integrated EMR and billing system.
For comparisons of different medical software products, download the free Medical Software Selection Kit.
Know which Questions to Ask with the CTS
Free Medical Software Selection Kit
Reviews of Top Medical Software Vendors
Pros/cons and operating issues module by module
Medical Software Ratings
Side-by-side performance ratings of 1 – 4 for 800 features grouped by module tells you whether the feature is included in the software or requires a workaround.
Comparison Chart of Key Indicators
Pricing, size of practice best suited for, no. of installs, support policy, and more
CTS Shortlist Recommendations
After carefully reviewing your information, CTS Guides will make suggestions for your shortlist. We will take into account the type and size of your practice and any special requirements you identify.
Medical Software Selection Tool
How is this Free?
Vendors pay a flat fee to support this site so that CTS Guides can be a free service. We do not sell software or earn commissions for referrals.