Electronic Medical Records (EMR ) for Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) has its own language and set of imaging and documentation . Customized OB/GYN specific EMR / EHR software will, in the long run, save your practice time and money because it comes ready with interfaces systems and instruments you needs, such as Ultrasound equipment, OB/GYN specific patient education information, and OB/GYN specific decision support.
Some of the features to look for in EMR for a an OB GYN practice include:
- Ultrasound and other instrument system integration
- E&M Coding Assistance for OB/GYN
- ePrescription Writing
- Lab Interface to labs you use (Quest, LabCorp, Unilab, etc.)
- Medical Billing Software specific to the codes and procedures of an OB-GYN practice
- Image Management tailored to songrams, etc.
- ACOG Antepartum Record Templates
- Hospital Access to Antepartum Record
- Obstetric Visit Templates
- Gynecology Visit Templates
- Incontinence Templates
- Infertility Templates
- Sexual Dysfunction Templates
- Pregnancy Test Templates
- Custom Ob/Gyn SOAP Note Templates
- Patient Portal for Ob-GYN patients
- OB/GYN specialty referral letter templates
The more customized your EMR software is to the needs of an OB GYN practice, the less customization your medical software will need, and the less training, and re-training your staff will require once your EMR software is in place. It will also ease the migration issues between your current hard copy or stand-alone computer system and an integrated EMR and billing system.
For comparisons of different medical software products, download the free Medical Software Selection Kit.
Sheldon Needle, CTS President has been publishing reviews of medical software since 1990.
- Insider secrets for comparing your top software picks
- Fast facts about product pricing, support costs and more
- Detailed reviews of medical software packages including strengths, weaknesses and operating issues you’ll want to know about
- Side-by-side vendor comparisons for product pricing, support costs, training options and more
- Performance ratings of over 800 features
- EMR Demoscorecard valued at $199
- Recommendations by CTS for developing (or confirming) your shortlist